Translate

Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Silent Sentries

68sec, f/11, ISO 100, 16mm, (B+W ND3.0 MRC) using the black-carding technique to darken the sky
Despite multiple visits to this quiet place, I always get inspired and amazed by the sight of these trees in the middle of the Margaret River.


135sec, f/11, ISO 100, 35mm, (B+W ND3.0 MRC) using the black-carding technique to darken the sky
 My intention this time was to experiment with long exposures using the B+W ND 3.0 big stopper and possibly the Circular Polarizer as well. As I already know the area I knew roughly from where I wanted to shoot. My decision to come here today was quite a spontaneous one: When I got up this morning and looked out of the window the skies were completely grey as opposed to the sunshine of the last few days. I checked the weather report and it was meant to be grey and cloudy all morning - Splendid! Perfect conditions for long exposures and the use of the circ pol.
One man's rubbish is another man's treasure ;)
134sec, f/11, ISO 100, 20mm, (B+W ND3.0 MRC) using the black-carding technique to darken the sky and a B+W circular polarizer to cut the reflections of the water - the lines on the water are leaves that floated through the picture during capture

21sec, f/11, ISO 100, 20mm, (B+W ND3.0 MRC) using the black-carding technique to darken the sky, 
For the above shot I actually had the tripod set-up in the water and the centre column mounted upside down to get the camera as close as possible to the water without getting it wet. This is my personal favorite of this session, perhaps even of this location of all time.
 The locals love to visit this place as well not surprisingly.

...and another hard day at the office... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment