Translate

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Far, far away on a Mountain called "Dale"


Don't you just love spontaneous road-trips? I do. And I particularly love Perth, because - despite what a lot of people say about Perth being a smallish and boring City -there's loads of stuff to see and do, if you do your homework and search a little bit online! There are plenty of interesting, and mostly less traveled places within 60-90 minutes from the CBD.

 Perth CBD as seen from Mt. Dale



After chatting with a bloke I met while shooting the sunset (and freezing my butt off...) at the Mundaring Weir and getting more information off a work mate, I spontaneously decided to head up to Mount Dale on Friday to see what this place is all about...





 trying out the Wifi-functionality of my camera and how to shoot selfies with it, while looking rather busy :)

beautiful warm light as the sunset kisses the land

Sunset from Mt Dale with the Perth Skyline in the far back









 My first capture of the Milky Way - Shot with a 'nifty fifty" for the fast aperture

 View towards Mandurah

 The Milky Way above the radio tower on Mt Dale

 This Panorama shot consists of 10 exposures - hours and hours of work in PP (it sucks when you're a novice!)

The Milky Way above Lake C.Y.O'Connor 

No comments:

Post a Comment