Translate

Monday, April 07, 2014

Phood Fotography

Here's something new! 

Yesterday my flatmate Zoe gave me a whole bunch of tomatoes that she couldn't finish so I decided, after some quick research, to try myself in making some "faux" sun dried Tomatoes (well, in this case our oven had to play the part of the sun ;) ). 

...




What you need if you wanna try this yourself :

1,5-2kg Tomatoes (I suppose it doesn't matter what kind of Tomatoes)
Olive Oil
2 tsp Garlic
Pepper

[btw, I stole this recipe from a book called The Amazing Tomato - yeah you read correct! :) - but the pictures are mine :P 

]
 Wash the Tomatoes



Remove the stems

Cut Tomatoes in half

Remove seeds with a teaspoon 

Chop Garlic and combine with Olive Oil

Lina a baking tray with aluminium foil, grease with Olive Oil and place the Tomatoes on it, cut side down 

Brush the Tomatoes with the Garlic Oil and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper

Place in the Oven @ 100C for at least 6 hours 


I also put the glass jars in the oven for about 30 minutes to kill the bacteria and to ensure they were dry.
Then simply scoop the Tomatoes into the jars and cover with Olive oil. Place the jars in the fridge so they can cool down and enjoy or store them in a dark, cool and dry place for later!

There you go, now this turned into a bit of a food blog...who would have thought!?

No comments:

Post a Comment