Translate

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Forest tales - Old Karridale


Hey everyone, I know it's been a while and I'm sorry for the long break. After I shot "echoes" I got bloody sick and then there were always other things which kept me from going out and shooting. 


This weekend though, I finally found some time to head out for a while and, while just simply cruising around the south, we came across this little spot just south of the Boranup forest. 


Old Karridale - You can see this sign from Caves Rd - park your car there and go for a little stroll. It's just beautiful!

 Everyone loves the forests down here - embrace it!

That's a 5-image pano. The Ivy has taken over this part of the forest - it looks really mystic and amazing, like some fairy tale. Shot with a circular polarizer.

11-image pano - initially I planned to make it a 360-degree pano, but in the end I liked this version better. Shot with a circular polarizer.

Thanks to the setting sun and my polarizing filter I was able to capture the light trails of passing cars.
10sec, f/20, ISO 50, 35mm

 4 sec, ISO 50, f/9, 35mm + circular polarizer to enhance colors and reduce reflections on the leaves

7-image HDR, blended with LR/Enfuse and processed in Lightroom and Nik Color Efex .
-
ISO 50, f/11, 16mm + circular polarizer to enhance colors and reduce reflections on the leaves

The Maurice Coleman Davies Memorial where the old Karridale sawmill once used to be.
7-image HDR, blended with LR/Enfuse and processed in Lightroom and Nik Color Efex 
-
ISO 50, f/11, 16mm + circular polarizer to enhance colors

No comments:

Post a Comment